AEC
College name: Maharani shree nandkuvarba mahila arts and commerce college.
Name : Sarvaiya Rajviba Bharatsinh
Std : F.y.B.A.
Subject : AEC
Class Assignment.
>• use of Tense and explain with examples :
Tenses tell us when an action happens: in the past, the present, or the future.
Think of tenses as a time machine for your sentences. By changing the form of the verb (the action word), you show your listener exactly when something took place.
There are three main tenses. Here is a simple breakdown of each with examples.
## 1. Present Tense (Right Now)
Use the present tense for things happening right now, or things that happen regularly.
* Example 1 (Happening now): I eat an apple.
* Example 2 (Regular habit): She walks to school every day.
## 2. Past Tense (Before Now)
Use the past tense for things that have already happened. You usually form it by adding -ed to the end of the verb, though some words change completely.
* Example 1 (Regular): I cooked dinner last night.
* Example 2 (Changed word): He ran a marathon yesterday. (Instead of "runned").
## 3. Future Tense (After Now)
Use the future tense for things that will happen later. The easiest way to make this tense is by putting the word will before the action.
* Example 1: I will watch a movie tomorrow.
* Example 2: They will travel to Paris next month.
## Quick Comparison Table
Here is how a single action (cooking) changes across the three main timelines:
| Past | "I cooked rice." | The meal is already finished. |
| Present | "I cook rice." | I am doing it right now or I do it regularly. |
| Future | "I will cook rice." | I plan to do it later.
Comments
Post a Comment